Service Delivery Plan
Service and Delivery Management Plans aim to reduce the potentially adverse impacts of service and delivery traffic generated by a development. This may be to ensure the efficient operation of the site, its service or joint parking service area, or the local highway network. As such they are often required to satisfy Local Highway and/or Planning Authorities, and are bespoke to the development and the needs of the commissioning organisation, or end user.
Service & Delivery Management Plans are increasingly required as part of developments to assist with:
- Managing deliveries to reduce congestion and conflict at the site between the various operations that need to take place.
- Identifying and seeking to protect those areas needed for manoeuvring, loading and unloading of service and delivery vehicles, and the arrangement of car parking, storage, external plant, refuse and waste so that the space available at the premises can be used as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Identifying issues on roads and accesses leading to the premises, such as parked cars or other vehicles, waiting / loading restrictions, constraints of the road or street layout (i.e. bends, junctions, width of carriageway) which may affect the passage of service and delivery vehicles.
- Reducing potential local amenity problems arising from noise, vehicle lights, and vehicular activity at the premises at unsocial times of the day.
- Satisfying formal conditions attached to planning permissions.
Depending on the emphasis of the document or the particular aspect which it focuses on, a Service and Delivery Management Plan may also be referred to as a:-
- Service Management Plan
- Delivery Management Plan
- Traffic and Delivery Management Plan
- Access Management Plan
A Service and Delivery Management Plan may be stand alone or linked into other associated documents such as a :-
- Car Park Management Plan
- Traffic Management Plan
- Transport For London (TFL) – Delivery Service Plans
- Travel Plan or Travel Plan Statement
Help With a Service Delivery Plan
We have vast experience with preparing Service Delivery Plans covering many different types of proposed developments for our clients, we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a competitive fee proposal.
Please get in touch with us if we can assist you further.