Transport Scoping Study
Prior to commencement of a Transport Assessment it is usual to agree the \’scope\’ of the study with the Local Highway Authority.
Examples of issues to be agreed are:-
- The level of vehicle trips generated by the proposal and their distribution onto the road network;
- The extent of the highway network to be reviewed in relation to capacity and safety at junctions and road links;
- The impact of any existing planning consents (\’committed development\’) to be included in the review;
- A design year for the opening of the development and a future year to test junction/link calculations;
- The extent of examination of sustainable travel arrangements; and
- The relevant highway design standards and guidance.
A Transport Scoping Study may also include a review of road traffic accident data for the assessment area .
Help With A Transport Scoping Study
We have vast experience of preparing Transport Scoping Studies covering many different types of proposed developments for our clients, we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a competitive fee proposal.
Please get in touch with us if we can assist you further.